I know its been a few weeks, but I decided to take a little vacation afterwards. I figure I work hard all year getting ready for comic con, I deserved a little break. So I went up to Oregon and was the Matron of Honor in my niece’s wedding. My baby girl was the flower girl. Here is a picture of us on the big day.
So, after that I made my way around Oregon and saw some beautiful sights! My favorite was Multnomah Falls. It was so pretty!
And Mt. Hood was awesome as always. And of course, I got to spend some time with family and friends. And I even played a little VolleyBall and saw that I still have some skills left over from my grade school days! I took Rose to Sea World and she got to Pet a Dolphin. I am an awesome mom!!!
But lets get down to business! You all want to know how Comic Con was for me. Well, IT WAS AWESOME!! Which is another reason I went on vacation! I had such a great show, I was able to reward myself!
So here are some of the highlights……..
1. My “Daddy’s Little Princess” piece was a HUGE HUGE HUGE success. Even the guys from Lucas Films were at the booth every day buying more and more copies. The VP of Licensing said that it was the Best Princess Leia he has ever seen. I am so thrilled with that! I can’t even say how honored and flattered I am by the response. I really loved doing that drawing and I am so pleased with how she turned out. My limited editions did great and my metal signs were a hit!
Get your copy here!!!
2. My friends and models came by the booth and did signings. I had the lovely Heather Conlin, Vanessa Lake, Anastasia Pierce and Yaya Han at the booth. Whats better then being surrounded by beautiful women?? Ummmmm, I can’t think of it either!! LOL So that was a lot of fun. There was so much laughter and smiles at the booth. We were all so happy and just really enjoying the experience and the merriment of comic con. Its good when you are around friends!
3. I got to see a lot of my favorite artists and hang out a bit with them again. Those include Lorenzo Sperlonga, Mike DeBalfo, Brian Rood, J. Scott Campbell, Nei Ruffino, Olivia De Berardinis and Dirk Richter. Dirk came all the way out from Germany and he was hanging out at the booth the entire time. We have the best artists over here at PinUp World Art. Dirk is such a fantastic guy! And he is such a great artist!!
4. DC loved my Black Canary. Apparently its a take on the super hero that they haven’t seen yet. …… I am getting known for my “Different Takes” on characters. My Wonderland Series is proof of that!!
Click here for your Copy!
5. Some beautiful Ladies almost made me cry tears of happiness when they presented my daughter with a bear that they made using the fabric from one of my mothers dresses. The beautiful Twin Bees are responsible for my Rogue Costume that I rocked last year (while Pregnant I might Add) and they made Rose a little Bear and a cute super hero skirt for her to wear next year. And wear it she will!!!!!!! Check them out!!
6. My Wonderland series looked awesome together. I was offering the set together and I ran out of the prints that I had at the show! Ummm, i guess that means that people really like MY DIFFERENT TAKE ON ALICE IN WONDERLAND! Get your copies Here!!
7. I came across a whole bunch of new ideas. I am not going to say what I am going to do because I hate ruining surprises, but don’t worry, I always have great ideas!!
8. My Baby girl was adored by thousands. Whenever she was awake (which was most of the time) she was smiling at everyone that came to the booth. I can’t express just how much I am in love with my little girl. She brings Joy and Happiness wherever she goes.
9. I signed a contract and set up a new deal……….. I will tell you more on that later!!
10. I decided my next big adventure in this thing called life. Also will tell you more when I have a definite on that as well!
11. I had dinner with some great friends and worked out and Idea for an awesome collaboration with a fantastic comic book artist!
12. I was interviewed by several sites and magazines. The one that stands out is Playboy. Ya, they dug my work!And to be fair, in this photo, I am wearing flip flops, they are wearing huge heels!!! See part of the interview here!!!
So, there you have it! Some are vague, some are straightforward….. but all are POSITIVE AND HAPPY! My art is created to bring joy and happiness. I want to bring smiles to peoples faces. I want to spread joy! Comic Con was a great experience all the way around. I know that next year will be just as fantastic for us and I am really looking forward to it. I have a little less then a year to get ready and believe me, next year will be AMAZING! You will not want to miss a minute of it!!
So thanks for reading and I will be making more art!!
Hugs from John, Nicole and Rose!!!!!!